On Thursday, May 13, 2021, The NewsGuild-CWA held a webinar for Tribune shareholders and financial journalists. NewsGuild President Jon Schleuss moderated a panel that included, in order of appearance:
- Richard Clayton, Research Director, CtW Investment Group
- Julie Reynolds, Investigative Reporter
- George Kelly, Breaking News reporter for the East Bay Times (owned by MediaNews Group)
- Sara Gregory, Education Reporter, Virginian-Pilot (owned by Tribune Publishing)
- Jim Baker, Executive Director, Private Equity Stakeholder Project
- Tony Daley, Research Economist, Communications Workers of America (CWA)
A question-and-answer period followed the panel.
A recording of the webinar is available here.
Tribune Shareholders: On May 21, vote AGAINST Item #1, Alden Global Capital’s bid to takeover Tribune Publishing.